The SSPH+ Global PhD Program in Public Health Sciences co-funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (Horizon 2020 - COFUND)
GlobalP3HS is an innovative Swiss doctoral program designed to competitively recruit exceptionally talented students from all over the world. Young scientists interested in proposing, learning, and performing cutting-edge research in public health sciences and keen to become the next generation of public health leaders in both the academic and non-academic sector, are invited to apply for one of, in total, 50 doctoral fellowships of up to 42 months in duration.
GlobalP3HS students will be under the supervision of one of some 150 public health faculty members affiliated with a SSPH+ partner university who cover a broad range of disciplines. Students will enroll at their supervisor’s university and register in one of several structured PhD programs led by SSPH+ Faculty members. They will choose courses from a wide range of interdisciplinary offers, including health economics, public health, epidemiology, social health sciences, nursing or law. Students must pass at least 18 ECTS, including formal training in transferable skills and research ethics. Furthermore, internships are offered to allow students to explore non-academic career paths as part of the PhD career as well.
Applications under the sandwich model are particularly welcomed and encouraged - a successful model to build sustainable research capacity in low and middle income countries (LMIC). In case of equally scoring candidates, applicants under the “sandwich model” will be favored. The model includes a LMIC partnership for the PhD thesis, shared supervision, fieldwork and/or research stays in the LMIC.
Call for applications
There will be 3 calls aiming at selecting a total of 50 excellent PhD students:
- Call 1: Opens on Monday, 2 July 2018 and closes on Friday, 12 October 2018; possible PhD start in December 2018
- Call 2: Opens on Monday, 3 December 2018 and closes on Friday, 1 February 2019; possible PhD start in April 2019
- Call 3: Opens on Monday, 1 April 2019 and closes on Friday, 28 June 2019; possible PhD start in October 2019
Applications must be submitted via the online application platform.
GlobalP3HS supports gender equality and strongly encourages females to apply.
Phone: +41 44 634 47 93
Useful documents (in preparation)
- Rules and regulations
- Eligibility criteria
- Application check list
- Evaluation and selection
- Slides for partner institutes
Useful links for application
- SSPH+ Faculty members as potential supervisors
- Overview of structured PhD programs led by SSPH+ partners
- SSPH+ course platform
- 1st Call opens on 2 July 2018: Link to application platform when open
- 2nd Call opens on 3 December 2018
- 3rd Call opens on 1 April 2019