Eligibility Criteria for GlobalP3HS applicants
Citizens of any nationality may apply. There are no restrictions concerning age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political views, language or nationality. Candidates must, however, have a very good command of English (written and reading) as this will be the language of all GlobalP3HS PhD studies.
To ensure equal opportunity rights, however, women and candidates from so-called Lower and Middle Income Countries (LMICs) as defined by the World Bank will be prioritized among equally ranking candidates.
To apply to SSPH+ PhD Program GlobalP3HS, a candidate must fulfill the following three formal eligibility criteria defined by Swiss universities and the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) in accordance with the EU Horizon 2020 framework.
The candidate must
- hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent);
- be an Early-Stage Researcher (ESR), i.e. at the date of recruitment at the host organization, the ESR must have no more than 4 years of research experience (counted in total not continuously) since the first Master’s degree that qualifies a candidate for a PhD and not have a doctoral degree;
- comply with the mobility rule of the EU Horizon 2020 framework, i.e. must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in total during the 3 (three) years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of proposals (exception: refugee status).
Please also read about the further selection and evaluation process detailed here.
Dr. Marion Schulze
Useful links for application
- GlobalP3HS online application platform
- SSPH+ Faculty members as potential supervisors
- Overview of structured PhD programs led by SSPH+ partners
- SSPH+ course platform
- 1st Call closed on 12 October 2018
- 2nd Call closed on 1 February 2019
- 3rd Call closed on 28 June 2019
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801076.