PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied Sciences (SSPH+UAS)
A collaboration of the Universities and the Universities of Applied Sciences in Switzerland supported by swissuniversities.
The PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied
Sciences (SSPH+UAS) aims to strengthen the research skills of people
working at Universities of Applied Sciences in the domain of Public
Health. It offers the possibility
to make a PhD research project at one of the partner universities and
to profit from further networking and training activities.
Description of activities
All PhD students will be required to comply with all regulations and ordonnances defined by the selected university and enroll in one of the structured PhD programs offered at the partner universities. PhD students will be regularly evaluated and regular meetings will take place with the supervising committee.
Supervisor workshop 2021
As a supervisor for PhD students, you might wonder about how to better gain and apply the necessary skills for supervision. In this workshop, we will focus on these skills and determine expectations on both sides, as supervisor and as PhD student.
Furthermore, we will reflect on good agreements for the supervision process and point out difficult situations.
Dates and Registration
12 and 13 April 2021 each day 9:00-12:30h online with Zoom
Please, register until 28 February 2021.
Aims and Content
In this workshop we will
- Reflect on your own experiences during your Master or PhD, exchange with the group, and collect conclusions for the role as supervisor
- Point out the importance of clearly defined agreements
- Increase consciousness about possible problems during a supervision process
- Practice how a meeting with a student could be designed (structure, question types etc.)
- Develop a guideline for forthcoming supervision meetings
- Workshop methods: Inputs, individual work, and exchange in groups
Dagmar Engfer, MSc Geography, Coach and Consultant for Career Development, Certified Member of BSO (Berufsverband für Coaching, Supervision und Organisationsberatung), Lecturer and Trainer at universities and in different organisations and companies.
The program had its last call in March 2020. In case of interest or further questions, please, contact the coordinator of the SSPH+UAS program Dr. Anja Matthiä.