PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied Sciences (SSPH+UAS)
A collaboration of the Universities and the Universities of Applied Sciences in Switzerland supported by swissuniversities.
The PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied
Sciences (SSPH+UAS) aims to strengthen the research skills of people
working at Universities of Applied Sciences in the domain of Public
Health. It offers the possibility
to make a PhD research project at one of the partner universities and
to profit from further networking and training activities.
Description of activities
All PhD students will be required to comply with all regulations and ordonnances defined by the selected university and enroll in one of the structured PhD programs offered at the partner universities. PhD students will be regularly evaluated and regular meetings will take place with the supervising committee.
Supervisor workshop 2020
As a supervisor for PhD students, you might wonder about how to better gain and apply the necessary skills for supervision. In this workshop, we will focus on these skills and determine expectations on both sides, as supervisor and as PhD
Furthermore, we will reflect on good agreements for the supervision process and point out difficult situations.
Date and Organisation
7 September 2020 10:00-17:00h online with Zoom
There are still a few places left.
Please, register as soon as possible, best before 17 August.
Aims and Content
In this workshop we will
- Reflect on your own experiences during your Master or PhD and collect conclusions for the role as supervisor
- Get an insight in different skills as supervisor
- Increase consciousness about possible problems during a supervision process
- Point out the importance of clear defined agreements
- Practice how a meeting with a student could be designed (structure, question types etc.)
- Develop a guideline for forthcoming supervision meetings
- Inputs, individual work, exchange in groups
- The participants are encouraged to reflect on their own experiences in exchange with the group.
Dagmar Engfer, MSc Geography, Coach and Consultant for Career Development, Certified Member of BSO (Berufsverband für Coaching, Supervision und Organisationsberatung), Lecturer and Trainer at universities and in different organisations and companies.
The program had its last call in March 2020. In case of interest or further questions, please, contact the coordinator of the SSPH+UAS program Dr. Anja Matthiä.