PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied Sciences (SSPH+UAS)
A collaboration of the Universities and the Universities of Applied Sciences in Switzerland supported by swissuniversities.
The PhD Program in Public Health Sciences for Universities of Applied
Sciences (SSPH+UAS) aims to strengthen the research skills of people
working at Universities of Applied Sciences in the domain of Public
Health. It offers the possibility
to make a PhD research project at one of the partner Universities and
to profit from further networking and training activities.
- Teachers and researchers working at UAS in the domains of health sciences, nursing science, health economics and public health
- Professionals working in the public health sector and wishing to acquire a doctoral degree through the program, since their profiles and job require advanced research competences.
The Steering Committee of the program selects twice a year candidates which can profit from the program.
For any questions please contact the coordinator of the SSPH+UAS program Dr. Franziska Keller (Franziska.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Workshop for supervisors
You are taking over the responsibility as supervisor for PhD students. In this workshop we will focus on supervisor skills necessary in the supervisor role. We will ask questions of expectations on both sides as supervisor and as PhD student. Further we will reflect on good agreements for the supervision process and point out difficult situations.
In this workshop we will
· reflect on your own experiences during your Master or PhD and collect conclusions for the new role as supervisor
· get an insight in different skills as supervisor
· increase consciousness about possible problems during a supervision
· point out the importance of clear defined agreements
· practice how a meeting with a student could be designed (structure, question types etc.)
· develop a guideline for forthcoming supervision meetings
Inputs, individual work, exchange in groups
The participants are motivated to reflect on their own experiences in exchange with the group.
Date and Organisation
The workshop has taken place in Zurich on 11 September 2018 10:00-17:30h. Another one will be organised next year.
Dagmar Engfer, MSc Geography, Coach and Consultant for Career Development, Certified Member of BSO (Berufsverband für Coaching, Supervision und Organisationsberatung), Lecturer and Trainer at universities and in different organisations and companies.