APC Waiver Program for SSPH+ Affiliates
IJPH and PHR manuscripts with successful peer-review and with at least one author affiliated with SSPH+ (at time of submission) will be published free of charge (no APC) .
- The submission date is between 10.12.2022 and 31.12.2023
- At least one author is an SSPH+ Faculty member or is part of the research group or department of an SSPH+ Faculty member (i.e., same primary affiliation)
- To qualify for this SSPH+ APC waiver program, review articles (all forms, including policy briefs) must be submitted to Public Health Reviews and original articles to International Journal of Public Health, thus, review articles submitted to IJPH will not qualify for the fee waiver.
- As part of our efforts to strengthen the journals’ quality and performance, beneficiaries of SSPH+ APC waivers are expected to provide
feedback – upon request – about their experience with the review and publishing process (simple short survey).
At the time of submission, the submitting author must also submit a “request for APC waiver” to the Editorial Manager Office. This request must include:
- Title of the manuscript with all authors and affiliations
- Article type and journal chosen for the submission (IJPH or PHR)
- Name and affiliation of the author(s) qualifying for the fee waiver
If the qualifying author is not listed as an SSPH+ Faculty member, please indicate the SSPH+ Faculty member with whom the author is affiliated (e.g., same research group or department, etc.). The Editorial Office will inform the applicant in a timely manner whether the manuscript is eligible for a fee waiver, if accepted. Please be aware that only manuscripts with an approval email received from the Editorial Office qualify for an APC waiver.