Effective Communication Training (Expo Dubai)
Effective communication training promotes successful personal presentation and that of research and expertise.
Effective communication training promotes successful personal presentation and that of research and expertise. Eligible PhD students will receive a training and coaching on how to present themselves and their research in an optimal way. The final output of the training is for students to deliver a 1-minute video testimonial of themselves and their research for a lay public. The student videos that meet the teaching criteria will be showcased online to the Dubai Expo visitors of the Swiss Pavilion. This type of training is intended to support the formation of effective presentation techniques and professional competencies in communicating scientific research for lay audiences. These skills are highly applicable for presenting at academic conferences, oral defenses and can be helpful in job interview settings. The online showcasing of videos facilitates exposure of student research and skills to international audiences.
- 1-hour teaching call
- 2-hour online workshop
- Individual coaching
- To know how to present oneself and ones research background clearly and within a limited time frame
1 ECTS is awarded for participating in all the components of this training offer.
SSPH+ will cover the costs for training and for travel to in person coaching - if applicable - and for the winners to travel and present/stay in Dubai.
Dates and procedure
- February 28, 2021: Deadline for application
- March 15, 2021: Announcement of the participants by SSPH+
- April 26, 2021 @10am: 1-hour teaching call with the project manager of the Expo, Emily Reeves
- May 31, 2021 @10am-12pm: Online workshop with Emily Reeves
- June 2021: Online coaching by Emily Reeves via zoom or in person (conditions and time permitting)
- August 30, 2021: Delivery of a 1-minute video via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 30, 2021: The student videos that meet the teaching criteria for the 1- minute videos will be selected by Emily Reeves to be presented online and to the onsite audience in Dubai
- February 2022: The eligible 1-minute student videos will be presented online at the Expo in Dubai
Swiss Pavilion at Expo Dubai
Registration is closed!
Dr. Emily Reeves
Expo Dubai Program Manager